Friday, November 21, 2014

A flash with CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Champion Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew along with Joan Smalls; Image: Getty

Alexander McQueen iPhone 5 5s Case Leopard

Black-jack shoe veteran Paul Andrew is on a roll. Later on crafting accessories and shoes the previous 15 years for Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Narciso Rodriguez along with Alexander Mcqueen iPhone 5 case, the British-born designer branched on his own and launched his eponymous footwear label for Spring 2013. Which his debut, he's shown barely enough signs of slowing down, much to the pride of red carpet fans also like Gwyneth Paltrow and Lupita Nyong'o. Today, we meet the man the actual rear of the sole.

theFashionSpot: Who was the first people you told about your big CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund win last month?

John Andrew: My mother, followed by you insatiably hard-working team back in the building studio.

PA: The boys on Public School, Juan Carlos Obando and Marc Alary, hosted a very "Passing of the Torch" party at a Soho Grand. We had such a fascinating evening!

tFS: You've crafted clogs for major RTW designers, even the late Alexander Mcqueen iPhone case. What do you not forget most from your time with Dem wind abgewandte seite?

PA: Lee's imagination and revolutionary need for innovation pushed me to reflect and design outside of tradition. Has difficult to pull a specific memory on my time at McQueen; this was such an experience working alongside them and Sarah Burton. I am significantly fortunate to have had such a conformative experience.

tFS: You once announced Diane von Furstenberg is like a very surrogate mother to you. What fondamental advice have you learned from him or her?

PA: Diane is such a wonderful people — so supportive, full of energy and willing to offer her advice. Very a constant inspiration to me. She's practiced me to believe in myself along with stay true to my original view.

tFS: American Vogue has championed you from the beginning. What's your bond like with Anna Wintour?

PA: Ould - and her entire team over at Vogue have been nothing but supportive considering the moment I launched my compilation. Since being part of the CFDA/Vogue Make Fund, my relationship with Ould - evolved further and I am people are to count her as one of the a large percentage of instrumental people in my career. I am incredibly grateful to have her guide and the sharp eye that is attempting perfection and pushes me to a creative capacity.

tFS: How would you summarise your personal style?

PA: Paired-down inside with a twist. You rarely hold me on a day that I forenoon not wearing a white T-shirt used with slim-fit pants, a solid hues jacket and lace-up shoes. Personally i feel very comfortable wearing color along with print.

PA: For my own suits, I'm drawn to Paul Smith along with Dries Van Noten, who need offer something special and interesting that's simultaneously wearable and not over the top. I also wear a lot of Theory's stereotypical pieces as underpinnings.

tFS: That when did you first fall in love with shoes?

PENNSYLVANIA: I've been sketching shoes along with pulling tear sheets from guides for as long as I can remember. I think you first memory of wanting to building shoes is linked to my afflicted mother. She loves fashion and had thoroghly wardrobes filled with shoes. I clearly remember a pair of red stiletto high boots with fringe; I was obsessed with these individuals. I would sit with those high boots for hours studying their construction along with detail.

tFS: What's the one shirt you live in?

PA: A pair of dark fabric calfskin monk-straps from Church's. That they are classic yet simultaneously modern along with cool.

PA: For me, shoes short lived solution the beginning. I'm very interested to learn other design categories; men's clogs and a women's accessories collection are usually top of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment